Noble has a sixth-sense when it comes to finding crazy, sometimes dangerous stuff.
Like this black widow.
Tonight he ran in, head lamp on, to report that he had discovered it while searching for "nocturnal creatures". (not his first encounter with a black widow, btw)
He found its nest in the rocks next the basketball hoop on the driveway. Spiders give me the willies (especially black widows) - and this one was HUGE. Really huge. Like an inch and half across. It must have been making a pretty good living in these rocks.
It retreated under the rock as we watched it & Noble lured it back out by dropping a cricket into the web. (I know. Don't be mad at us.) We snapped the above picture as it moved in for the kill. It was so scary-fast.
Be warned: this video is disturbing. Poor little cricket. I'm still traumatized.
When Black Widows attack from Angie Melton on Vimeo.I was a little concerned about this spider living in such close proximity to where little kids (Sully) play. So after I stopped filming, Noble got the wasp spray (Noble's idea. He's more rational than I in tense situations.) - and we dispatched the black widow.
Sorry spider. Sorry cricket.
3 comments:
I hope you let him take your camera in to show the class. That is SO cool.
that was a nasty big spee-I-der. glad noble has that 6th sense to elimate dangerous creatures.
How nice of you to give her a last meal before the execution! LOL
Post a Comment