Friday, September 16, 2011

The Vampire Room gets a face-lift, and other adventures in paint

We're painting. Again.
 The "Vampire Room" is going to need a new name. I know. I know. We're all disappointed about losing the most perfect Halloween party location in history. But it had to be done. Noble's Lego Robotics Team needed a place to meet this year. And you can't ask a bunch of 11-ish year old boys to be creative and scientific in the dark gloom of a black and blood-red room. It's just not healthy. Pretty soon they start wearing all black and listening to Nine Inch Nails and stuff. They don't need that. So...

Noble bringing a little cheer to the vampire room.
 Actually, all we've managed so far is to get up a good coat of primer. (If ever there was a need for primer, it's here.) When I get the final color up, I'll post an "after" shot. But already the room is so much brighter.
Credit: my mom painted quite a bit of this - when I got sick with that kidney infection last week, she stepped up (again)...

...and once she got started she couldn't quit. So she also started in on the girls' closet.
 As soon as I was feeling a little better, I joined them.
Sometimes I wonder if I would ever get a project finished around here without her.

No comments: