| Like all good things, September is coming to an end. Here are some of our September "good things": |
| I wish I could blow this picture up to life-size because....wow, that was a pretty sky. |
| Grace's Activity Days Mad Scientist party date with Grandpa. |
| This is where we found Abner sacked out one afternoon. I don't blame him. I'm telling you, that memory foam bathmat is a temptation for anyone looking for a place to take a nap. |
| AND ->>>> THe BIG DAY ARRIVED AT LAST! The long-awaited rock moving. It will forever live in Melton Family lore. Here are my dad and Mike poised to move some rocks. |
| But, mostly we all watched while this man and his machine did the delicate work of maneuvering the boulders into place. (Thank you SO MUCH, Sean!) |
| A look from above at our new retaining wall as it took shape. We totally ripped up the back lawn (and left a mark on the neighbor's lawn as well, where we drove the cat through to get into our backyard). But , as I told Mike, it was "necessary destruction" (and Mike told me that would make a great name for a rocker band). Now, the next step... We just need to recruit some help to move some more dirt, reroute some sprinklers, and grade an access in the back yard. Because Mike never wants to have to drive heavy machinery (or, his truck) through the neighbor's yard again. |
More later.
Adios, September 2012!
No comments:
Post a Comment