Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas in Paradise

After months of prep, all the stars aligned for a really amazing evening for the Country Crossing 8th Ward. The event exceeded all our expectations for attendance. Last year we set up enough tables for about 250, and didn't fill them all. So, this year we set up enough for just about 225 people. We literally didn't have enough seats for everyone who came. That was a first. Our ward is on the small side, but I am pretty sure we had close to 300 people there. Lots of people from the neighborhood. So much fun.

Our Tiki totem entryway


The "Santa Room" - with candy leis for the children

A highlight of the festivities: the Tiki Hut Juice bar, where the YW served up delicious umbrella bedecked slushies.

The stage ready for the entertainment.





There was a lot of Polynesian dancing, and hula hooping (Mike got to show off his skillz). The food was AWESOME (almost all of it was eaten up). Everyone laughed a lot, so, think it was a success. I am sorry I don't have any pictures from the actual party. It was too crazy.
And the best news of all? We are NOT in charge next year!



2 comments:

Forsythe said...

Looks fantastic, I think a Hawaiian Christmas party is perfect!...we are in charge of our ward breakfast this year. Is it weird to ask you what you have done with the large tissue pop poms? Can we reuse them? Email me: forsythechelsea@yahoo.com

Beth said...

WOW...that is a lot of work. I would say we are very much on the low key side of things. Looks just AWESOME, and your Tiki Posts turned out stellar. Wish I could have been present just to see Mike's unique skillz!