Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Making Our Way the Only Way We Know How...

Riding to work with Daddy on Frontrunner.
Tagging along with dad one day on his commute

Life can be complicated. 
I started to post about the life-changing events of the past several months that have completely preoccupied us...and then I realized I was writing a book. And I thought, "They probably don't want to know all the details, and if they do they can call or message me for the extended version." 

Long story really short: For a while, Mike has felt prompted to make a really risky move with his employment, and recently a series of unfortunate events has been a POWERFUL (kind of frightening) motivation. 

The thing that makes this all so difficult to express is that it has not been just one big profound experience, but years of prayer and struggle, culminating these last few months in hundreds of mini-experiences, impressions, revelations, mercies, quiet kindnesses, prayers said in our behalf, mental and spiritual work, small steps of faith, and miracles. 


Let me just say this has been a watershed experience for us & we have gained a deeper understanding of many things... FAITH, patience, hope, persistence, courage, trust, the power of heaven ... you name it, all things we thought we had a good grasp on... It turns out we didn't know what we didn't know. That's life.

In the past several weeks doors have been miraculously opened & Mike is moving on in a new job. We aren't out of the woods yet, but we have watched in astonishment as the way has opened up before us. 


This is what I know: There IS a God in Heaven, and He is good. He is more aware of us and our needs than even we are. He knows what we lack in terms of character, faith and capacity for happiness (i.e., living in gratitude and communion with God), and He gives us each personally-suited opportunities to help us change. I know this more profoundly than ever. He knows my heart, and how it has changed. Miracles come after the trial of our faith, and He is the one who knows, not us, when the lesson is learned. I don't think I really understood what that meant before. Trials will always be a part of life, but I know more than ever that these experiences are a means for the Lord to, as David says, "Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."
-Psalm 139:23-24 

This has been an AMAZING experience. All of it. I can truthfully say that I am grateful for it all...because of what I have learned, because of the closeness I feel with God after all, because of how it has changed my family and my relationship with Mike, because it has made me happier. And that is what Father in Heaven is interested in: the realization of our potential and our complete happiness.

All is well.

2 comments:

Kay said...

..And that's just a little bit more than than the law'll allow. :) Had to finish the line from Dukes of Hazard.

Love this Angie. Many times I've also felt a great sense of love from my Heavenly Father in trials. He really is the best teacher. Not trying to break me or force me, but simply show me. Sometimes it takes a taste of hard times to open my eyes, but then there always seems to be an outpouring of love and blessings that can only be attributed to God, the father of my soul.

Love and prayers for you and your family. Kay

Alicia and Jose said...

You guys are amazing! I love reading your posts. Keep us updated and all our best wishes and prayers for you!