Thursday, October 22, 2009

Simple Food

Simple Food - something I love. I've already posted a few times about my food-philosophy. But it's something I think about...so I've decided to make a "Simple Food" contribution regularly. Not so much the Martha Stewart cooking magazine variety...the minimally altered, you know where it came from kind.

Today's installment: making juice from carrots and apples.
Before my Grandma Sampson died she bequeathed her old juicer to me (she was the original health food nut in the family). It's been awesome & I have made all sorts of juices with it... although I don't as often as I would like (lazy). Today I pulled it out to make juice of the remaining apples from the tree and the multitude of carrots that are ready in the garden (the cabbages are done too...hmmm... maybe next time).

Plus the shredded waste is great for the composter:















From here...


to here...

to here...

No comments: