LSAT scores came in this weekend - Mike didn't score as well as he wanted. At first we were pretty bummed about it. I'm not going to lie to you, we both had a day or two of shaken confidence and grasping around for what to do next. (Should we just let it go?) But at the same time I thought, "That's not too bad for having studied for less than a month - and not seriously until the last week."(Only Mike would dare to do something like that.)
We've been doing a lot of talking and praying. This weekend we happened to have an area conference for church and Mike went downtown for a priesthood leadership meeting on Saturday. There he heard President Monson say something that gave him the answer he needed.
He's decided to take the LSAT again in December, with more preparation.
As we've had some time to digest the situation, it seems more and more clear to me that this is the best possible outcome for a few reasons.
1. There are things to be learned from disappointment: Patience. Determination. Humility.
2. We've had to re-examine our motives, our feelings, our weaknesses, and our principles... things (important things) become more clear and real in disappointment.
The net result of this experience (so far):
Peace. Confidence. Direction. Closeness.
Not bad.
3 comments:
I'm so glad Mike's going to try again. Good luck!
I'm sorry to hear about the first poor showing, but I know you guys will make the best out of the situation like you always do. Thanks for hosting Saturday night...we really enjoy being around the fam.
Dudes, I'm sorry to hear the discouraging news. I'm sure that Mike will be able to bring his A-game next time around. Sending some good luck and positive thoughts your direction.
Post a Comment