Holy smokes....(I couldn't avoid the pun). We've been watching this all evening from our balcony. The wind has been blowing about 5 million miles per hour so it was actually frightening how fast this thing came out of nowhere this afternoon, cresting the ridges of the Oquirrh mountains, raging toward the city. I broke out the telescope to get a good look. It seriously looked like the surface of the sun, churning flames.
I haven't seen any clear numbers yet on how many homes have burned. Best of luck to all you evacuated residents of Herriman. And to an old classmate, Josh Mills (Mayor of Herriman)...it's going to be a long night for him.
Also hot in town this weekend:
(photo horked from SL Trib)
It would have been nice to see Sean White on a skateboard this weekend but...
We were checking out this action instead.
(More on that later.)



3 comments:
Great photo of Jess...was it horked as well? Sorry we missed seeing you all last night, it seems like so long since we've seen the whole Melton clan.
That fire was really crazy! The smoke was really bad over toward West Valley. Great Picture of Jesse! What a grown up girl!
Oops, I meant Jessie! Not Jesse.. I knew that.
Post a Comment