Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend - Let's Do It Again.

Great weekend. Congrats to my brother, Casey & sis-in-law, Helen on the blessing of baby Zeke yesterday. We loved our time with everyone. Noble got up to share his testimony during the meeting, and announced to all that he was, "Noble... Casey's grandson." (The giggling from the congregation only gave him momentary pause.) Later, when Jessie told him she would have been way too scared to talk in front of strangers like that his response was: "Jessie, I conquered my fears like 5 times today." A little patronizing...but totally one for the record.

We had a BEE-autiful Labor Day. Man oh man, we could NOT have ordered better weather. 75, sunny and super clear views of the mountains.  We got up this morning and met up with a bunch of our new neighbors for a street breakfast party. (People cook really well around here, by the way. I haven't had chili verde with tortillas like that for years, not to mention all the sundry homemade pastry.) I loved it.
We spent most of the day afterward at the zoo with Mike's parents. Sully's first (highly anticipated) visit. He was s-t-o-k-e-d. Seriously. He saw pretty much every animal there and enjoyed every minute.
A day/weekend like this makes you feel good to be alive.

3 comments:

kirsten said...

yeah, the weather was crazy awesome!

(cool, tillman is wearing his shirt - that's still huge! sorry bout that - i figure he could sleep in it?)

Turbo said...

Great shots! Mmmmmmmmm chili verde. Makes me miss good Mexican food, bad.

Beth said...

I wish I could have seen the first visit to the zoo. I'm sure it was heaven watching that kids face light up at every animal.