Untitled from Angie Melton on Vimeo.
(psst... I love that little Grace is wearing a skull and cross-bones bandanna in this vid...it's so cute.)
It turned into a bigger project than I anticipated - especially since moving furniture by myself, & climbing up and down ladders, is a bit tougher right now. Plus, trying to paint over a dark color with a lighter one always stinks. I kind of got painted into a corner - pun totally intended - with a huge project, and not enough time / muscle to finish.
My mom wins the prize for coming through (again). She dropped what she was doing for 3 afternoons and came to paint, all by herself sometimes, leaving Dad to get himself a pizza for dinner, etc. I was going to leave the baseboards alone for the time being...she would have none of that. So she picked up the trim paint herself and started on that as well. She wanted to do the closets too - but I finally persuaded her not to for now. (Those will probably take a year to paint - they're huge, with built-ins - completely mustard as well...)
I freely admit that I will never be able to keep up with my mother in many ways.
"Tough Mother" is a title she should wear around on a t-shirt, along with this one that she loved wearing...
(She wore it out.)
(She wore it out.)She's a champ.
ANYWAY, long story short, the basement is a little less gloomy now. Which makes us all a little happier.
Girls' room...baseboards not yet painted white.
Boys' room.
We finally got all the decals on the walls - this one was the trickiest. Noble's Periodic Table.
3 comments:
Wow Ang! Great work :) I think the trick is being able to live with the big picture in mind and be able to relax when not everything can get done right when you want it. What's most important?
Love you.
I honestly don't think I will ever be able to keep up with any of my sisters when it comes to projects. You guys are all awesome in my book! I love the new walls.
and the vampire room... ???
What a difference! Those rooms look absolutely AMAZING!!
Post a Comment