Monday, June 20, 2011

Fathers Day Weekend

We had a busy weekend with la familia. It was awesome. Mike's brother, Tim was in town for an optometry conference, and we got to spend some quality time with him. A gorgeous Saturday morning 'constitutional' hike in Neff's Canyon & a really good salmon dinner for Fathers Day with Mike's family that night. Not a bad day.


The hiking was ideal. It was a perfect morning. The seasonal stream was running fast with snow melt.
 Our be-caped super twins...hiking maniacs.

 

Rope swinging in the morning sun.
 We could have stayed a lot longer.
Sunday we had our own quiet Father's Day dinner at home: dill potatoes, a variety of salad greens from our garden, some yummy marinated/grilled chicken, a kielbasa for good measure & watermelon. I also managed to whip up some homemade vanilla bean/peach & mango ice cream with a vanilla bean I've been hoarding from our co-op basket for weeks. Oh my. It was good.
Churning away on the back deck. It went so fast I didn't get a picture of the finished ice cream. Come over some time and I'll make some more for you.

Later, the Sullivan clan came over to our house for a Father's Day dessert get-together. We also celebrated our man Zeke's 1st birthday (how cool is it that it fell on Father's Day?) In the kitchen singing to little Zeke.

As a bonus we also Skyped with Mike's brother, Jimmy and his family, who just got back from a short stint in Costa Rica. It was a good weekend.


1 comment:

Kay said...

I LOVE the picture of the be-caped super-twins! How cute they are with their mischievous looks :D That's a keeper.