Tillman (7 years old) took some pictures of me today. Awesome, right? I'm not the most photogenic person in the world - pictures aren't my favorite thing. But it's good to document some things.
Noble shot some spinning top thing across the room and caught my attention.
I've had a bit of a mental shift over the past week. Kind of a pulling inward I think. Mental preparation. Self-preservation? This whole pregnancy has gone by so fast. Almost invisible. It's hardly registered in my mind that it is really going to result in the birth of a baby. And it hasn't just been me. My mom kept inviting us to camp at 9 Mile Canyon with them last week, and again this coming weekend up Big Cottonwood. I had to remind her several times that I had something else on the calendar. A baby. :)
So...finally, something has changed. I'm not sure if other mothers have experienced the same altered state of consciousness. Suddenly, I feel like life is going on as normal around me but I'm sort of separate from it all. Insulated somewhere inside. Getting into the zone. Whatever that zone is. I think it's a useful coping strategy as labor looms ahead, not to mention the physical demands of caring for a newborn. And getting to know A WHOLE NEW PERSON.
Anyway, the time is near (my midwife assures me). I'll see you on the flip side.
3 comments:
I can't wait for baby Melton 6 to make his debut. Life does go on with 5 kids to care for already, but you'll pull it together one last time for this little dude...I have no doubt about that.
"Git-r-done" is all I can say. Know that one day, decades from now, this will all pay off in spades.
Love you Ang.
I'm so excited for you and your growing family. You simply glow!
Post a Comment