Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sk8 George and other points south

We broke away this weekend and headed south. A little easy-does-it recreation before baby arrives in a few weeks.

We hung out with Mitch-darling's parents, and his brother, Gary, drove up from Vegas to meet us. He brought his girlfriend, Valerie and we got to know her better - we like her even more now.

We visited a few historic homes & swam for a long time. Monday night we caught a show (Little Mermaid) at Tuacahn - which did not disappoint. It even kept Sully speechlessly rapt till 11:30 at night - without a problem. Probably one of our favorite shows that we've seen there. A good time for all.




Noble putting his trunks back on after an unfortunate leap into the pool.

 At Tuacahn.
Thanks to Jacque, we had great seats.

Tuesday - Mike and I took the kids out for a few little hikes up Snow Canyon. My original intention had been to do a day in Zion's. Mike persuaded me that we should come back in the fall for a few days instead. Between me - a gazillion weeks pregnant - and our 3 year old, this seemed like a reasonable compromise. So we took it easy in Snow Canyon. We love that place anyway.




I love this picture of Mike. I'm calling it: "Mike achieves nirvana" - or - "Just before the rapture"
Afterward we had lunch in town and drove out to Hurricane to pay a visit to my Aunt Denise and little cousin, AJ...and the cemetery where my grandparents Sampson are.

Hanging out with AJ on his street in Hurricane.

A really nice trip. We probably won't get out for much this summer with the baby - so I'm glad we got to take the kidz for a little R&R.

2 comments:

Turbo said...

Looks like an awesome trip. Last weekend made me realize how much I miss the desert. Good times.

Alicia and Jose said...

Sounds like a great time. I love southern Utah getaways.