Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter weekend in its entirety


Easter and Spring Break coincided this year. So we had a nICE long weekend to enjoy together. Even Mitch-darling took off Friday and Monday to spend the time with us.

Easter snuck up on me this year. I did not get around to commemorating the week of Easter like I did last year. I had plans to at least have a Passover meal on Thursday .....but....that didn't happen. We did manage some of the usual things: coloring Easter eggs on Friday with Mike's parents and a big Easter egg hunt with the Sullivan clan on Saturday (after a work project in the morning at the homestead).



The kids scored hydration packs in their baskets this year - (for many hiking adventures to come! )

I was sick on Easter Sunday (I kept getting a feeling of deja vu) - so I stayed home from church.  Thankfully, Mike's mom and dad had us over for Easter dinner - otherwise my family would have been deprived of a fancy Easter meal with me out of it.
Thanks Jacque!

 On Monday I was feeling quite a bit better so we packed up the dudes and got on the train for an afternoon in the city.

We walked through the new City Creek Center - which was only mildly impressive to the kids (mostly they were disappointed that we weren't actually shopping for anything & Jessie was embarrassed to be seen with her family - you know, the typical stuff), ice cream in the food court (where Mike had to intervene when Grace and Tillman got into a fist fight in the play area), a brief scare when we lost Tillman for a few minutes, then a lovely walk through Temple Square, a quick historic tour to our first apartment below Memory Grove in the Avenues, and finally, dinner at the Lion House. 

Tillman was wearing his new Nalgene pack and went through about 2.5 liters of water, sucking on it constantly. Consequently, I think we visited every bathroom in the downtown area. After about the 4th bathroom run, we were really frustrated with him - to which he responded, "I thought you wanted me to drink more water? It's good for me." We told him there was a time and a place for THAT kind of water consumption ...like hiking in Death Valley or something.

That was a fun day. We had a fantastic time with the kids. We were laughing so hard at dinner I think we might have disturbed the other customers.  Sully BEAMED during the entire train ride up and back. Plus the weather was absolutely perfect.

An outstanding weekend.  

2 comments:

Beth said...

Too funny with T drinking his weight in water. I don't blame the kids about the new city creek...it's only mildly impressive if your actually shopping for something. Glad you're feeling better!

Elena Lunt said...

Wow, Easter bunny was generous to your kids this year! And T is apparently taking hydrating seriously. I love perfect days with the family. Here's to many more awesome family days!