Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Sully's Super Powers

Sully is as boyish a boy as they get - aside from the fact that his current favorite color is pink. We're cool with that.

He's tough and gnarly and loves play fighting and super heroes.

Yesterday Sully was absorbed in a spirited game of super hero - with super heroes of various aptitude. He kept running around yelling HI-YAW!! (chop kicking super hero) and doing Darth Vader hands (you know - when he's doing the deadly Force choke) at people. I caught him in my arms and asked if I could play, and what my super power should be. I said, "Could I have powers to LOVE?"

(Pause while Sully thinks that one through.)
Sully says (with intensity), "OK, y-y-y-you (he stutters) have HEART powers, and I will have HOTDOG powers."

I have no idea what hotdog powers are, but whatever, doesn't matter - because my heart powers kicked in and I kissed him a hundred and fifty times before he wriggled away.

This reminded me that a month or so back he was drawing a picture - totally focused as he always is when he draws. Afterward he pushed it into my face and began to interpret for me:

"Robots are cool!
And them have POWERS!
And them have a beefy arm!"

ha ha ha ha ha.
I HEART 3 year olds (I never got into that trend of saying, "I heart" this and that, instead of "I love".  But in this case...it was appropriate.)

FYI, I have also never written or said LOL - thought you should know.  :)

2 comments:

Elena Lunt said...

Oh my goodness, the kid is too cool! I remember the beefy-armed robot story! And the hotdog powers... Wow, I love Sully-related stories! LOL! By the way, now you have written it (LOL, that is.)

Kay said...

Too sweet Ang! Haha!