Saturday, April 14, 2012

Heaven is a Half-pipe

The theme of our Saturday pursuits.

Mike and Noble laid 80 feet of PVC pipe (a little more than half the distance up to the garden from the nearest valve box). A new drip system for the garden boxes in the works.

And after working Noble like that, Mike figured he owed him a little mano-y-mano, doing something more interesting. So they built a skate ramp. yeehaw!


(I'll be making up waivers for all of Noble's buddies' parents to sign. Just kidding. Sort of.)

 Also today:
- Mike and I mapped out the race course(s) for the up-coming annual NPA 5K/1mile.(And I FINALLY figured out the Garmin watch Mike got me for Christmas. I never claimed to be quick with technology.) My goal for the race this year: NO ONE gets lost.
- We assembled the soil components for my new square foot garden boxes this year. Not sure how I'll like this method - but it's sure to save on water. I need to get shakin' so I can get things planted.

Doing our best to keep things productive.

No comments: