Sunday, July 22, 2012

Hiking with Friends

Albion Basin Saturday. I love this shot of Grace in the meadow.



Our friends, the Wheeler's, recently moved back up from southern California. We met them up the canyon yesterday AM for a hike. There was a bigger crowd than I have ever seen up there to see the wild flowers this weekend, but we avoided most of the crowd by just hiking up from Alta instead - an extra mile and a half. We saw the best wild flowers in the lower meadows anyway. The flowers weren't as prolific this year because of the drought, and Cecret Lake was really low - but all was still lovely.  It was a beautiful day. Great company. 
Mike, the story teller, weaving another tale under the ski lift.

While we didn't see as many wild flowers as at other times, we did see our share of wild life. Three moose, a deer and this sweet, pudgy marmot on the rocks.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I still can't believe we missed you guys up there...crazy!