I KNEW it.
I fell in the kitchen a week ago (that is a funny story - having to do with some new super cute shoes I was trying out), grasping for the bar stool as I went down. My iPad survived the impact thanks to the Hammerhead case, but as soon as I landed on my hands and knees the solid wood bar stool came down too, smashing my hand like no body's business. Holy smokes that hurt. I actually felt nauseous and faint as I got up cradling my hand. I laid down on the couch. It was just me and the little boys - so I asked Sully to go get the ice pack out of the freezer for me. The gashes looked nasty, and my middle finger was swelling up. I wondered if it was broken. It didn't really hurt much after the initial impact - it felt kind of like I'd jammed it playing basketball or something. It was weak and tender. After 4 days of that, and talking to my dad who spooked me with his hook-finger story (his middle finger is permanently curled after he broke it in a similar way, waited too long to have it looked at, and the tendon subsequently shortened), I decided I should get an x-ray.
I went on Saturday. It took them FOREVER. But the Dr. finally pronounced it NOT broken. They also said they were sending it out to radiology to make sure. Today the Dr.'s office called me back to report that the radiologist looked at it and reversed the call on the field. It IS broken.
Anyway, I just have to keep it immobile for 3 weeks, taped to my ring finger.
And I am more careful walking.
1 comment:
Ugh. This made me nauseous just reading it. :) So sorry Angie. Take care.
Post a Comment